Friday, September 07, 2007

Always

I only saw my goal;
I couldn’t see the consequence, I didn’t think of You.

All my energies were invested in “solutions” of my design.
I couldn’t see beyond my own energies.
Couldn’t taste more than my harried breath and strained brow.

The ugly cost of residing in “me;”
Of washing this soul in dust,
And having fumbling eyes
Which fail, and fail again.

And could it be that I stand
Now in You,
Not even clean “enough,”
But clean in full -- ?

Nothing in me could grant a standing here,
A position - of righteousness - so well forsaken by these hands.

Yet here I am.
Fully Yours, and fully cleansed.
Departed from iniquity,
Without its trace upon me.

And I can only bow.
At feet more pure than I could speak,
Which, nail-pierced and raw, still tell,
Were given for this pricey lot;
This reneged so costly.

Were You more captured in Your gaze
Upon my own rich blot,
Would I not suffer as I deem,
My actions measured, and condemned unto the death
I have worked so hard to earn?

But poured upon this soul,
You drape Yourself over me,
Hugging to Yourself the crimes,
And criminal alike.

And I am Yours.
Fully Yours,
And always.

Mark me Yours,
Fully Yours,
For always.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

*sigh* I miss you.

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home