Saturday, September 01, 2007

Resuscitate

quietly unnerved
unwrapped before Your mastery of me,
and all transparency,
not begrudging yet frightfully raw –
how You enter in so powerfully –

undoing all i thought i owned,
remaking all the claims i’d kept –
until my hands grow limp, and cold –
and grief anew breaks me afresh
on all the treachery, all the lies
i clung more fiercely to
than You, my Love,
my Sovereign King

...in tyranny removed
from that design, the good i need –
You wrest me from the captor’s hold
and break me back to You
in merciful repose
which captures but Your love for me,
a rich deliverance
for which i am unworthy

You bring me back, You rest me here:
You minister in full –
that, all proclaimed, what shouts forth
is but a glory of the Judge,
who – seeing my depravity –
would sooner my naked shame
than my soul diseased

praise – for rescue from death;
all praise – for wrenching me from fears –
that i, Your child, may inhabit that realm
where, presented to You, I bear Your Name,
a character infused with mankind --
a purity which should not be mine;
a holy heart, made righteous at Your hand

all praise to You who has
commanded my health
and restoration undiluted
with the Holy One to whom i belong

my life, my soul – Your possession

conquer yet again
all that is Yours, Most Holy Lord

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home