Sunday, June 03, 2007

I Am Your Child

I am Your child, Lord.
You can break me;
You can mend me.
You can ease me;
You can rest me.
You can bind me;
You can melt me.
You can hold me;
You can lift me.
You can use me;
You can lend me.
You can free me;
You can guide me.
You can burn me;
You can heal me.
You protect me;
You can flood me.
You can light me;
You can spur me.
You can drench me;
You can know me.
You can blind me;
You can wisen --
You can harden;
You can hem me.
You can judge me;
You can save me.
You can please me;
You can warm me.
You can soften --
You can banish.
You can cradle;
You can ache for --
You can brandish;
You can wield –
You can teach me;
You correct me.
You can die for --
You embrace me.
You can comfort.
You can lead me.
You amend me;
You can tear me.
You re-shape me.
You re-build me.
You can counsel;
You indict me.
You forgive me;
You incite me –
You can hear me;
You can grace me –
You can temper;
You arouse me.
You can grieve me;
You delight me –
You can curse me;
You can favor –
You can honor;
You can chastise.
You can shine through –
You can linger –
You can dwell in;
You illumine –
You can work through –
You can speak to –
You lament for –
You can cry through –
You commune with –
You can nourish.
You can quiet;
You can cherish;
You can sing through –
You can weep in –
You can master –
You possess me.
You can speak through –
You can alter.
You can wrestle;
You appeal to.
You can ‘call out;’
You can cleanse ‘white.’
You can urge me;
You restrain me.
You can silence;
You employ me.
You inspire me;
You relieve me.
You can pour out -
You can fill me.
You can stay me;
You can rescue –
You can ravage;
You can shelter.
You can try me;
You can “steel” me.
You can solace;
You can strip me.
You can fashion –
You can strike me.
You can warn me;
You convict me.
You amaze me;
You control me.
You can humble;
You can change me.
You can seal me;
You can mark me.
You can find me;
You can challenge –
You pursue me;
…overcome me;
…richly chase me.
…overwhelm me;
You avenge me;
You defend me.
You ‘repay’ me;
You sustain me.
You can press me;
You can lighten –
You rejoice through –
You reflect in –
You refine me;
You can pierce me.
You define me…
…for I am Your child.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Wow...that's really cool.

We still on for next Friday??? Call my cell and let me know. You'll prolly only be able to leave a message, but I'll get Thursday.

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home