Saturday, October 14, 2006

1 John 4:18

Weary; wavered,
Drawn outside
All the havens
Where I hide

Weighted,
Toppled,
Now released;
Darkened hiding
Fin’lly ceased

Fighting;
Weakened;
Breathless now -
All rebellion
Gone somehow

Poured out,
Laden
With no guilt,
Shielded not
By what I’d built

Now relinquished,
Now made full;
Pulled in rescue,
‘Til rent whole

Certain,
Restful,
White as snow
To be naked,
Calm; “let go”

Covered,
Holy,
Rendered ‘still’ –
All the good of
Forfeit will

Tempered,
Eased now,
From all loss:
Metal now exchanged
For dross

Merging into
Pure attire,
Meshed with clean,
Unyielding fire

Loosened from
The bond of death;
Pushing forth
Life-giv’n breath

Freedom,
Once rejected gain,
Now release
From ghastly stain –

All this hiding,
All the fear,
Brought to death
Within this sphere

Where You're known
In wide array,
And love forbids
That fear may stay

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

next wednesday we study hannah. sigh. missing you!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I like...now u should go comment mine 'cause I commented ures twice....oh and my myspace pics r up...the scarf isn't yet b/c my camera batteries died...it'll be up 2morrow...

10:30 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

HAHA...I never put my scarf up...lol. I really think u should post one of your inspirational posts again...lol

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home